Getting Students to Remember the Order of Dynamics

I've been trying to think of a way to review the order of dynamics with students, and this is what I came up with.


Dynamics Chart Match-Up

I made a chart showing the increase in volume with each dynamic, and made blank circles where the dynamic symbols go.  I laminated the chart and all of the dynamic symbol circles.  I also attached Velcro to the back of each circle (mainly so I don't lose them!) which stick onto the chart.  



Dynamics Chart Match-Up

I usually have students match these up while I'm writing down their assignments or checking their theory.  


For students who haven't learned all the dynamics, I only give them the ones that they have learned.  This makes it a little more challenging, because they are given more blank spaces to choose from than they actually need.  After students finish matching all of the symbols, I ask them what each one stands for.


This chart is great for a quick review!  If you would like this dynamics chart, head on over to my TPT store to grab this freebie!

Comments

Popular Posts