Update on Piano Practice Incentive

This last year, I tried out a practice incentive with my students called "Reach for the Stars".  This was the first time I've ever attempted doing any type of incentive. 

I was hoping this incentive would motivate most, if not all of my students to practice more.  Unfortunately, it only motivated the already motivated students.  It worked well for these students, despite the one time my student forgot to do his theory and ended up in tears because he earned a blue star...  I'm glad he was concerned about receiving a lesser rating, but it was a bit of an uncomfortable situation. 

This year, I am trying out a practice app called Tonara.  Students earn points on the app each time they practice.  They also unlock virtual stickers after they practice a certain number of assignments.  




Students are able to chat with their teacher on the app (great for any students who have a question during the week!).  I am also able to see how often my students actually practice.  I have a feeling this will be a real eye-opener!



.

Comments

Popular Posts